The maps below include:
- A general map of the people of Britain in the 6th Century: Although doesn't exactly show the Heptarchy, you can pick it out from the peoples.
- The Heparchy - those 7 Anglo Saxon Kingdoms
- The main English rivers: might sound a bit daft, but rivers as a land mark are constantly referred to throughout the Viking Age.
- The Shires of England: Again, we are constantly referring to 'calling our the Fyrd of ...' which sounds very heroic but 'where was that again?'
- England in the 10th Century: showing Danelaw all that sort of thing
- England in the 10th Century: Another version, courtesy of my brother, which has the added benefit of being on a map of England with the real costline of the time - i.e. before swamp draining by Dutch Engineers...
The Heptarchy - 7 Kingdoms in the 7th Century
The main English rivers
The Shires of England
England in the 10th Century