I boobed every one. If you did the survey, and there was no option to add your email - please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I'll enter you into the prize draw. Well spotted Robin. Classic marketing mess up by me.
It may be oversharing, but I lost my job recently. Now as it happens this is a very good thing - I am not looking for sympathy. Actually it has given me the chance to try to make a living at what I love doing - writing history podcasts. The purpose of this post is to tell you what's going on and ask a favour.
What's going on - become a History of England member.
In a few short weeks, I will launch a new Members service on the History of England, for a most reasonable fee. Why should you become a member ? There are two reasons.
1) A number of you choose to support the website through donations so that I can keep it going. Here is anther way to do that
2) You will get something in return in addition to my gratitude. Every member will get access to a Members only podcast feed.
The new Members only podcast
To begin with at least, the Members podcast will focus on English history. The amount of content will be about the same as you get from the free podcast. And there will be many exciting things...
- Topics and debates in English history: more depth about dramatic events and mysteries such as the death of Richard II, heresy, messy executions, witchcraft, diplomacy; social history and how people lived. The reformation in England - how and why. English exploration. The historiography of English history and historians themselves.
- English language: the word of the week seemed popular enough, and so it returns as word of the month. It might be a word and it’s connected history, or phases, or place names, or names
- Biographies: the lives and times of exciting men and women, their lives and times; like Judith the daughter of the HRE for example, married at 13 to Aethelwulf, forced to marry her ex husband’s brother, eloped to marry the man she loved; or William of Ockham and that Razor everyone talks about.
It could also be that we look a bit more broadly; at European history such as the history of places like France and the Dutch Republic; or world topics and themes - hence the survey below.
There are two things I want to make absolutely clear;
- the free History of England will continue until the end of time or my death, which ever is sooner.
- You generous donators and Patreon supporters - you'll get access anyway and so will not lose out.
Please help me...with another survey
I accept, gentle listeners, that you have been bombarded with survey's recently. Sorry. Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. Would you do one more for me? There are 5 questions in this survey; Essentially I want to find out a couple of payment things and pick your brains - this is where you can get a made-to-measure podcast by telling me what you want.
Just click here: oh go on then, I'll do your blessed survey
But you could win a coin!
I am going to try to bribe you to take part with another prize draw. You could win a silver Victoria 1880 Sixpence, or a George V silver sixpence. All thanks to Rob, once more. Everyone who completes the survey will be entered in the draw.
Thank you in advance, for everyone who takes part. And then - watch this space - more news to follow about the new Members service!